If you’re looking for an easier way to manage your cannabis dispensary, track inventory, ensure compliance with local and state regulations, or even reward your loyal customers, then you could benefit from cannabis-specific POS softwares.
However, that being said, choosing the best software for a regular company can sometimes be hard; thus, selecting one for a company within the cannabis industry can feel near impossible!
Those running cannabis dispensaries or any other business within the industry will know that your needs are drastically different from your typical retail store.
In addition to a system that accepts and tracks payments, you’ll also need something that provides specialized reports, ensures an efficient inventory management system, and even runs you through reports on the newest state laws to keep you in check.
The bad news is that you can’t just select any old POS system, however, the good news is that we have created a comprehensive guide to help you do just that.
All the systems selected in this guide will help you verify identity and age, ring up customers, track inventory, accept payments, and run reports that comply with the state’s law.
Choosing the best software for your dispensary will allow you to better target your customers, make your business more efficient, and take some workload off your employees.
With all this in mind, below, you will find the best software for cannabis dispensaries.
5 Best Software for Cannabis Dispensaries
The best softwares is one that contains impressive inventory management, loyalty programs, and compliance safeguards, and are able to integrate with other softwares.
On top of this, the software should be easy to use, back up with great customer service, and make your life easier.
To put you on the right track, here are some of the best feature-rich POS softwares for your cannabis dispensaries, these include:
- Cova Software
Greenbits is a software solution already implemented by over 1,000 retailers. It contains everything you could need from a dispensary retail management software – including discounts, express check-ins, inventory, reporting, marketing, and much more!
Although, what sets Greenbits apart from the crowd is its wonderful customer service support and resources. This is noted in their commitment to their customers whereby they offer around-the-clock support throughout the year.
Plus, they offer various guides and ebooks that are designed to make your life easier – from implementing cashless systems and picking the right software for your dispensary to understanding the importance of inventory systems for management and learning how to price point your products – it has everything you could need!
On top of this, they also provide you with the opportunity to take part in online training programs based on what the company has learned as best practices throughout its career.
In addition to this, here are some extra features that you should expect from the software:
- Loyalty – The software has built-in and customizable discounts, loyalty programs, and the necessary tools for marketing promotions, to help you drive sales and traffic to your dispensary.
- Inventory Management – They provided you with all the tools you could need to manage your inventory, from receiving and processing returns to purchasing.
- Reporting – A smart reporting tool allows you to view insights and strategies for increasing your traffic, connecting with your customers, and boosting your sales.
- Compliance – Keep your dispensary compliant with tools such as ID and age verification, local and state tax profiles, and transaction limits.
- Integrations – You can integrate several softwares with your accounts, such as Best In Grow, Leafly, Weedmaps, Dutchie, and Olla.
- Actionable Insights – This allows you to view the data of multiple dispensaries all in one place.
When it comes to pricing, the figures aren’t publicly available for Greenbits. Instead, you have to personally contact the business to learn more about its services and to receive a quote for your dispensary.
However, before you commit, you’re able to schedule a demo of the software online.
- Great customer service and support
- Impressive reporting
- Prices aren’t disclosed upfront
Flowhub describes itself as being a “modern cannabis retail management platform”. It is a prominent software in the industry, already used by businesses, including Strawberry Fields and Oregrown.
The software itself is feature-rich, covering everything from ringing up sales and checking in customers to creating customer loyalty programs and tracking inventory.
It’s safe to say that this software was designed with cannabis dispensaries in mind – providing every solution a small business could need, from streamlining operations and keeping your business legal and compliant with laws to making simple work of expanding your store to suit your customer base.
Some highlights of Flowhub’s features include:
- Flowhub Greet – This is a mobile app that expedites ID verification and check-in to make the overall process easier for your customers and reduces wait time.
- Cashier – The software integrates with your choice of hardware to create loyalty programs, process transactions, set purchase limits, set order ahead fulfilments, and apply special discounts.
- Manage – A personalized command center provides you with complete control over your analytics, inventory, and state traceability regardless of the location of your stores.
- Flowhub Payments – With an integrated cashless ATM system, your customers are able to easily and quickly make payments using debit cards.
- Stash – Located on Flowhub’s Nug mobile scanner, the Stash app is preloaded and can be used for transferring inventory management across various destinations and auditing your inventory.
- Integrations – With over 30 different integrations, such as Jane’s online marketplace, Green Check banking, Headset analytics, and Dutchie for pickup and delivery orders, you’re sure to get the job done!
Flowhub offers two different price plans. For single-location dispensaries, you can get started with the Essentials plan which starts at $449 per month.
For multi-location dispensaries, opt for the Performance plan which is priced at $659 per month per location. If you sign up for an annual plan, you can save up to 11%.
Those who are looking for a plan to suit their rapidly growing business can contact Flowhub for a quote on a personalized, custom plan.
When looking at the price plans, there are a few additional costs to keep in mind. For instance, the Nug Pro scanner costs $199 per month per device. There is also a required $750 refundable hardware deposit when you make the purchase.
If you’re looking to purchase the View mobile analytics app, you’ll be set back $149 per month per location. Similarly, unlimited API access is an additional $99 per month per location.
Any add-ons such as Stash and Greet also require additional monthly fees. On top of this, there is also a required implementation fee per location of $500-$1000.
- Multi-Location management
- Over 30 different integrations to assist
3. Cova Software
Cova software is an award-winning cannabis dispensary POS which has already been implemented in thousands of dispensaries.
No matter the size of your business, this solution can help dispensaries big and small. Whether you’re making your first step into the industry, or are a thriving multi-location business – this software will help you achieve your business goals.
While it provides you with everything you could need to keep your business running smoothly and being compliant with legal requirements, it is, in fact, an incredibly simple and intuitive system to get around.
Indeed, Cova themselves boats an impressive onboarding experience of only 30 minutes! Plus, there is an impressive uptime of 99.9999% – whereby the software is constantly upgraded to keep up with changing regulations and trends.
On top of this, the software is rich in features, some of which include:
- Text Your Turn Mobile Queue – Customers can either text their name or scan a QR code to be added to a virtual queue, this reduces the number of people waiting around.
- Built-In Verification – The software features integrated age and ID verification to make the check-in process easier while maintaining compliance regulations.
- Cashless Payments – Provide your customers with more ways to pay using its Experty Services Network’s Cashless ATM which can be used through the app using Paytender.
- Inventory Management – Across multiple channels, you can manage your real-time inventory, which also includes automation (including bulk modifications).
- Offline Functionality – Don’t worry about poor connection with Cova’s offline functionality – backing the whole system to allow sales to flow.
- Loyalty Program – Set discounts for your customers as part of the Cova Software loyalty program.
- Integrations – Integrate your account with all the popular softwares including Springbig, Leafly, Englisten, and Weedmaps – ensuring advanced online ordering, analytics, and much more.
Cova Software starts at between $349 to $549 per month per location.
When choosing the most expensive plan, you’re provided with all the add-ons including delivery, eCommerce, and express checkout. In addition, you’ll receive custom API access and multi-location management.
If you’re looking for a more customized plan, feel free to contact Cova Software directly to inquire about the Enterprise plan. This includes rich features such as dedicated customer success managers and ERP integrations.
Plus, for $35-$60, you can add additional workstations to your plan per workstation. Moreover, you can also opt for a free demo before making the purchase.
- Easy to use
- Various features
- Various integration options
- Expensive for smaller businesses
BioTrack has made a name for itself within the industry. With nearly 10 years of experience, over 12,000 enterprise locations, and many governmental contracts, BioTrack could be considered an industry leader.
The software is available in 38 states, Puerto Rico, and even several other countries, including Australia, Colombia, and Canada.
In conjunction with producing software for processing, manufacturing, and cultivation, BioTrack ensures a POS solution that helps your business maintain state compliance while providing you with the tools necessary to create a more efficient and successful licensed
In addition to this, BitoTrack offers a range of features, including:
- Online Ordering & Delivery – Using one of the available integrations, you are able to create menus and services for delivery.
- Automated Date Entry – Create customer profiles, scan IDs, and reduce unwanted, tedious data entry using BioTracks software.
- CRM – CRM tools are built into the software and allow you to create marketing campaigns to easily target your customers.
- Customer Profiles – Access medical preferences, purchase history, and special preferences to provide your customers with a personalized experience.
- Loyalty – Reward your customers with promotions, points, and products by setting up a loyalty program.
- Cannalytics – This is a unique analytics tool to provide daily reports, sales comparisons, and customer insights.
- Purchase Limits – Easily maintain compliance through these built-in purchase limits that help prevent over-dispensing.
- Integrations – Fully integrated popular software with your account, including Sprout, Jane, DataOwl, and Dutchie.
- Automated Discounts – Set discounts by brands, time, date, product, and more, through the software.
Like Greenbits, BioTrack doesn’t disclose its pricing to the public, either. Rather, you’ll have to contact the company directly to know more about the software solution and pricing plans.
Likewise, you can also request a demo of the software before taking the plunge and purchasing the software.
- Time-saving automation
- Various features
- Available across 38 states and some countries outside the US
- Prices aren’t disclosed.
Blaze is a POS system that can be easily accessed to process your transactions through the web browser or its Dispensary POS app on iOS devices.
The software focuses on making your life easier, from making efficient workflows to delivering to customers and managing the front desk.
Loyalty programs, reporting, compliance integrations, and inventory management are just a few features the software provides – designed to attract repeat customers, keep your dispensary legal, and easily keep track of your sales.
Plus, the software has even partnered with tech companies to support many different POS hardware, including thermal printers, scales, barcode scanners, and cash drawers, such as compact and sleek mPOP.
In addition to this, BLAZE also supports some stand-out features, including:
- Loyalty – Make the most out of the promotions engine and built-in loyalty programs to reward your customers.
- Customer Check-In – With the simple app, your customers can check themselves in, making for a seamless experience.
- eCommerce – Using the website, your store can be transformed into an online storefront, allowing your age-verified customers to place and pick up orders.
- Inventory Management – Using the real-time inventory management system, you’re ensured simplified and accurate inventory transfers.
- Reports – When it comes to reporting, BLAZE knows what it’s doing. Providing you with over 100 reports to give you an insight into sales, inventory, and much more!
- Compliance – The software is integrated with Metrc to ensure you’re compliant with local and state regulations.
- Delivery – Using the on-demand services, you can handle scheduled delivery, track real-time deliveries, and optimize routes.
- BLAZEPAY – Provides your customers with an easier way to pay – using all major debit cards.
- BLAZE Distro – This is specifically designed for cannabis distributors – allowing you to manage expenses, purchase orders, and handle invoices.
- Integrations – Easily integrate your account with many different softwares, including Jane, OnFleet, Metrc, GreenScreen, and Tymber.
Unfortunately, BLAZE doesn’t disclose its price plans to the general public. Hence, you’ll need to call them directly to receive a quote for your dispensary.
To learn more about the software solution, there is an online form available. If you’re looking to book a demo, you can contact BLAZE either by email or phone to learn more.
- Mobile apps
- Various features
- Various integrations
- Pricing disclosed
With more and more state and local governments making the move to legalize the use of medical and recreational marijuana, the cannabis industry is only expected to get bigger and bigger.
With more dispensaries cropping up throughout the country, you must be running as efficiently as possible.
Through implementing a POS system, you’ll not only be able to improve your accuracy and workflow, but you’ll also reach existing and new customers that would otherwise be impossible without the software.
One way to boost your business is by ensuring easy payment processes for your customers.
Sure, cash-only business works adequately fine, however, why not go one step further with card processing?
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Software For Cannabis Dispensaries?
The best softwares is one that provides you with the tools to easily run your shop, track inventory, maintain compliance with state and local regulations, and keep your customers loyal.
A great place to start is the options provided on this list. However, make sure to do your own research to find the perfect software for your business requirements.
As cannabis becomes more and more popular, so does the demand for cannabis dispensaries. Make sure you stand out from the crowd with POS software designed specifically with cannabis dispensaries in mind.
These ensure that your business is running as smoothly as possible. Hopefully, this guide has informed you on everything you need to know about the best software for cannabis dispensaries – so your business can stand out!
- California Cannabis Laws (What You Need To Know) - November 16, 2022
- Delta 8 Hemp Cigarettes: A Beginner’s Guide - November 16, 2022
- Is Delta 8 Still Legal In Texas? - November 16, 2022